Wednesday 25 November 2015

FALL OF FALAFEL

So seeing as the site was launched like an hour ago I figure other than writing bios on the products, I'd fire in a little recipe I just tried out earlier today. We were discussing yesterday that I have yet to have falafel. So yeah, I went and got the ingredients and I made that shit!


Suitable for vegans.

Serves 3 - 4.



What you need:

400g of chickpeas
1 garlic clove (chop it up)
Handful of parsley
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chilli powder (I use two, shit needs to be spicy! UGH!)
2 tbsp flour
2-3 tbsp sunflower oil or your preferred oil, tahini if you have it
So pretty much this is easy as fuck to make, you get all you have here and whip it in a blender and turn it on. Effort is unreal! So blend it until it's a fairly smooth and then you can form it into patties if you want it burger shaped or however you want it.

Take your patties and stick them on the pan for about 3 minutes each side, until it's lightly golden at any case.    (I have found that when pan-frying falafel you can lose a lot of moisture from them, as normally they are deep fried which locks in the moisture. You can of course deep fry them, but if you want to go healthy and pan-fry, add in another 1-2 tsp of oil!)

That's it! That's falafel! Have it with salad or toasted pittas, even in burger buns if you choose to live your life that way.

-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment